Monday, April 18, 2011

Since were on spring break, we went to Costco this morning. Frances slept for the first 40 minutes or so, but then began to have trouble keeping her "ting-ting" in her mouth as she slept. Consequently, the rest of the shopping trip consisted of trying to hold her hood over her head (so she was in the dark), at the same time holding the ting-ting in her mouth and bouncing her back to sleep. It was less than successful, so she was near hysterics when we got into the car. I decided to try making really silly, smiley faces at her, and she was pretty easily distracted from her tears.

I worry sometimes that she won't actually learn to soothe herself if I don't allow her to cam down on her own, but I also worry that I will go batshit crazy if I have to listen to her scream and cry on the drive home. Hopefully there's time to learn self-soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment